How to Apply
St. John Regional Catholic School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, or handicap, or protected activity (i.e., opposition to prohibited discrimination or participation in the complaint process).
Step 1: Complete and submit an application for your child.
Step 2: Application Checklist
If you did not see a checklist of items to be completed, please log back into your account to finish the application process.
Step 3: If your child's checklist requires a placement test or a middle school interview, we will contact you to schedule a day/time for the assessment or interview.
Step 4: Application Review
After we receive the required checklist items, your child's application will be reviewed by the Principal.
Step 5: Enrollment Checklist
Upon your child's acceptance, please complete the enrollment checklist, which is the final step in the admissions process.
Each year, in anticipation of all current students re-enrolling, space will be reserved for our students first. During re-enrollment, siblings of current students and siblings of alumnus may also register. The re-enrollment deadline is strictly followed and families who do not re-enroll by the deadline will be placed on a waiting list. Priority will be given to applicants in the following categories in the order listed.
1. Siblings of current students and siblings of alumni.
2. Children and grandchildren of alumni.
3. Catholic students whose families are registered parishioners in good standing from one of the regional Catholic parishes (St. John the Evangelist, St. Peter the Apostle, St. Timothy, St. Ignatius, St. Joseph-on-Carrollton Manor, Holy Family, St. Katharine Drexel, St. Francis/St. Mary, and the Ft. Detrick Catholic community). Date of enrollment in parish and parish support is considered.
4. Catholics from other parishes.
PRE-KINDERGARTEN ADMISSIONS (in addition to the priority criteria above)
1. Pre-K 4 students must be 4 years old by September 1st of the enrollment year.
2. Pre-K 3 students must be 3 years old by September 1st of the enrollment year.
3. Availability of space. Priority is given to students in the order summarized above.
4. Must be able to use the restroom independently and without adult assistance by the start of the school year. Students are not permitted to wear pull-ups to school.
KINDERGARTEN ADMISSIONS (in addition to the priority criteria above)
1. Must be 5 years old by September 1st of the enrollment year.
2. Availability of space. Priority is given to students in the order summarized above.
GRADES 1-8 ADMISSIONS
1. Must have successfully completed the previous grade
2. Availability of space. Priority is given to students in the order summarized above
3. Successful completion of the entrance test administered by SJRCS
4. Personal interview as scheduled by school administration for grades 6-8.
5. Recommendation forms from a Math teacher and a Language Arts teacher completed and submitted to the SJRCS Admissions Office.
6. Birth and baptismal certificates
WAITING LIST AND REFUNDS
1. The application fee is non-refundable.
2. If your child is on a waiting list, then the application fee may be applied to the subsequent school year.
SPECIAL ASSISTANCE St. John Regional Catholic School offers quality education to all who seek it, however, some students may need special assistance. A conference with the Principal will be held to determine the best solution for all students to succeed.
Children of all faiths are welcome at St. John Regional Catholic School. Acceptance of students in order of the previous categories is not automatic and all applicants are required to follow the admissions process in its entirely.
Please contact our Admissions Director, Lara Schumacher at 301-662-6722 or e-mail here for more information.