Facility and Location
St. John Regional Catholic School is located at 8414 Opossumtown Pike and provides:
• A large, modern school to accommodate up to 850 children for families wishing a Catholic education
• Pre-K program for 3 and 4 year olds
• Instructional services with advanced technology
• Full service cafeteria
• State-of-the-art computer lab, science lab, and media center
• Separate rooms for the Quest enrichment program, art, and music
• Green space with playgrounds and athletic fields
• Faculty planning and meeting areas
• Parking for faculty, staff, and parents
Approximately 600 boys and girls in grades Pre-K through 8 attend St. John. About 17% belong to ethnic groups other than Caucasian. Students live in 35 different zip codes from Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland.
The school can accommodate 3 classes per grade with an average class size of 24 students.
Accreditation & Memberships
St. John is approved by the Maryland State Department of Education and is accredited by the Southern States Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement and AdvancEd. The school is a member of the National Catholic Education Association.
Leadership & Governance
St. John is an Archdiocese of Baltimore Catholic School. Mrs. Karen Smith, principal, and Mr. Paul Fer, assistant principal, lead the school spiritually and academically. St. John is governed by a deliberative School Board comprised of representatives from the regional parishes.
St. John Regional Catholic School adheres to the course of study mandated by the Archdiocese of Baltimore. This curriculum is based on national standards and is approved by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Elementary Schools. In addition to the core curriculum, all students have classes in computer, art, physical education, and music. Upper grade students receive instruction in foreign language.
Student Arrival 8:00 a.m.
Prayers & Announcements 8:15 a.m.
Dismissal - Pre-K (1/2 Day) 11:30 a.m.
Dismissal - Pre-K (Full Day) 2:30 p.m.
Dismissal - Grades K-8 2:45 p.m.